Friday, March 16, 2012

House/Room Inspiration

Every now and again I think of things I want to eventually have in/around my home. I like to document them somehow, so that I can come back to them and keep them in the back of my mind.

I like vertical succulent gardens/green roofs - using the roof of a shed for a garden for inside and out!





I like bringing trees/branches into the house - especially in the bedroom






\
This one above is probably my favorite, and possibly an easier one to come by!


I like funky windows and doors- go outside of the general definition of shapes and boundaries

I like bird houses- bunched together- here is an example in my parent's backyard


I like oddly shaped doors - I love wood that isn't necessarily square- turned wood, etc

Lanterns!





I also like the view from the kitchen sink to either look outside or at my fish tank :P
I like lots of sunlight in the kitchen- big fan of sunlights in a home. I would like to actually use solar tubes for a nice sized reef tank someday (probably about 6-8' long)

Anyway, just wanted to jot some of this down. More to come :)

2 comments:

  1. I love all these things!!! Also you guys SO need to come visit, you will effing cream yourself to see some of the terrarium-and-natural-oddity stores around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I come live with you in your beautiful woodland home when I am old? Love these looks!

    ReplyDelete